Started in 1987 by a young entrepreneur with a single truck and trailer, Steve’s Livestock Transport has since grown to become the largest commercial livestock carrier in North America – and a leader in the transportation industry. Each week, our fleet of 130 power units is out on the road, transporting more than 2,500 head of cattle and 150,000 pigs throughout Canada and the United States.
Our locations in Blumenort and Brandon, Manitoba and in Red Deer, Alberta are also home to our commercial washing and large equipment repair service facilities.
Steve’s Livestock Transport also includes a dry freight division with a growing fleet of dry vans and convertible freight trailers servicing North America. Dawson Road Transfer is our local freight division, serving customers in Winnipeg and southeastern Manitoba.
“Where there’s a will, there’s a way”
People are our most valuable resource, and we take our responsibility for our customers, drivers and staff as seriously as we take our strict standards for humane animal handling, safe transport and on-time delivery. We are committed to creating value for our customers and thereby enhancing the success of our customers, employees, community and stakeholders. We will drive change in our industry by pursuing innovation and focusing on “where there’s a will, there’s a way!”
The following principles guide our company:
- Faith – looking to God for guidance and trusting in His faithfulness to provide what we need.
- Communication – promptly resolving conflicts while promoting a culture that embraces diversity of opinion and values open communication.
- Integrity – being ethically responsible, matching our behaviors to our words and taking responsibility for our actions.
- People – recognizing people as the driving force of our success. Creating an environment that stimulates initiative, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Customer Focused – anticipating and exceeding customer expectations through superior service and innovative solutions.
- Respect – striving to build up one another, holding each other to the highest levels while respecting the people, products, and communities in which we operate.
- Safety – taking responsibility for the safety of our team, our equipment, and the cargo and animals entrusted to our care.
Faster, More Secure Cross-Border Transport
Steve’s Livestock Transport is certified by the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT). Because of this, our transport trucks require minimal cargo inspections and/or receive priority status at North American border crossings. We also adhere to the standards set by the Canadian Border Safety Agency through the Partners in Protection (PIP) program, ensuring fewer hassles or unnecessary inspections.
For customers, our C-TPAT certification and PIP membership translates into peace of mind thanks to shorter border delays, well secured shipments and faster delivery times.
Steve’s Livestock is a proud member of the Manitoba Trucking Association, Saskatchewan Trucking Association and the Alberta Motor Transport Association.